Friday, January 6, 2012

New York City, a magical city.

This Winter Break my family and I took a vacation to NYC. It was the first time I have been there and it was pretty amazing. The movies and television always glamorize the city and it has been on my bucket list to visit. I am so grateful for wonderful parents who could provide this trip of a lifetime.
The first few days were spent exploring all the "touristy" things such as the 9/11 Memorial, taking a double decker bus that did a huge loop and we were able to see SoHo, Greenwich, and Battery Park. The highlight of the first day was the 9/11 Memorial. It was amazing to see what has been rebuilt and I could not feel a little emotional when looking at the engraved names bordering the pools.
The next few days we went to see the Empire State Building and I got overwhelmed with how high we were. Overall, it was amazing to see at night with the city and beyond all twinkling in the night sky. Then, my favorite part was the shopping. New York has pretty much the same stores as we do in California, but the stores are beautifully decorated and a lot bigger.
The food was incredible. The desserts even better. I found my new favorite: Banana cream pudding from Magnolias which was in Sex and the City.
The best part was being with my family and experiencing Christmas in this magical city. It was a trip I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment